The introduction of Google Assistant is a revolutionary step in understanding the needs and requirements of the people.
You may easily use it for numerous functions with simple voice commands. It can play music, send a message, watch the picture, get news updates, get directions, track calories, control home security and much more.
It is just like your personal assistant, which can manage your work and individual life schedules. It works perfectly, so you don’t miss out on the special moments in life.
You can still use the fantastic features of Google assistant on PC, with the help of a particular method. Once it is set up, you may give voice commands to your computer just like you do on Android phones.
For the installation of your personal Google Assistant, you need to first download Python on the computer. After you download and launch the Python installer .exe. Tap on the next page option and select the option ‘Add Python to environment variables’. Then continue with the custom installation.
Once the installation process is done, start commands terminal, and type ‘python’. This command will display the current version of Python in use.
Steps for configuring the API of Google Assistant:
- 1In Google Cloud Platform Console, you need to open the Projects page and choose “Create Project.”
- 2Decide a name for your project and pick the “Create” tab.
- 3It will create a new plan, and you will see the project configuration page.
- 4Navigate towards Google Assistant API page and tap on “Enable” at the top.
- 5You need to make new credentials for using your Google Assistant API.
- 6Tap on the “Create credentials” button and to guide you through the process you may consort to the setup wizard.
- 7From the questions list, choose “where will you be calling the API from?” and tap on “Other UI.“
- 8For “What data will you be accessing?” do the selection of “User data”.
- 9Check the “What credentials do I need?” and you will get a recommendation of the creation of an OAuth 2.0 client ID. You need to choose a different title for the client ID and tap on “Create client ID.”
- 10Beneath the heading “Product name shown to users”, you may write “ Google Assistant” or a name of your choice.
- 11With “done” the task is over. Do not designate to the “download here”.
- 12Below the bullet points for OAuth 2.0 client IDs, your client ID will also appear. Check the download icon for the client_secret_XXX.json file downloading. In this, xxx is the code for your specific client ID. Next step is saving the file with the unique title “Google Assistant.”
- 13Navigate to the Activity controls page of your given account on Google and turn to one of the provided icons- “Web & App Activity”, “Voice & Audio Activity”, “Device Information”, and “Location History”. It will help your Google Assistant to read your personal information.
How to Get Google Assistant for Windows PC
Install Google Assistant sample Python project on your PC
The process to follow is given below:
py -m pip install google-assistant-sdk[samples]
Testing the working of Google Assistant
After the successful and precise installation of your Google Assistant on the desktop, it is mandatory to check that it can record audio with the microphone.
You may use the command below to record 5-sec audio and playing it:
python -m googlesamples.assistant.audio_helpers
python -m googlesamples.assistant